Friday, July 31, 2009

What an evening!

Thanks to all our families who attended the Ethiopian Event this evening. The photos were amazing! It was so nice to see positive images of Ethiopia on display and with such a talented artist behind the lens. Also the coffee, art work, and company were all superb. I heard great things about the lecture, although I must admit a very vocal 21-month-old kept my family from sitting through the entire talk. (I assume my son chiming in with "No Momma, No" and "Me sit, no" is not appreciated commentary!)

It is such a pleasure to come together in community and to see our families at each step along our adoption journeys. Our stories are all so alike yet so unique at once. Some families in attendance had their Ethiopian children with them, and it was wonderful to see the kids in their traditional Ethiopian-wear. (My daughter personally could not wait to wear her Ethiopian dress!) Some families at the event are currently waiting for their court dates, and how nice to see those proud pictures of referrals displayed! There were also new faces and families interested in our little community. We welcome you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment